Tuesday, September 25, 2012

When my little boy grows up


In no particular order, when my little boy grows up:

I'll miss...
.. how he runs and hugs me when I come home
.. how he looks at me with big curious eyes when I explain something
.. how he assumes that his daddy can do anything and everything
.. how he loves it when I hold him close and read to him
.. how he endlessly plays silly little games
.. how he dances without getting self conscious
.. how he learns everything as quickly as he does
.. how much he loves his mother
.. how there's so much trepidation and excitement in his eyes about something new
.. how he runs around the house without a break
.. how he loves to hide behind things and play peek-a-boo
.. how the most silly thing makes him laugh out loud
.. holding him close to me when he's scared
.. how much he loves to ride on my back
.. how he takes the most incredible things at face value
.. how he never lies, even if that gets him into trouble
.. how he's the most maddening person ever by far
.. how he holds my finger when we go out for a walk
.. how he holds on to my finger from his crib when I lie down next to him on the floor
.. how his mother and I cannot stop talking about him
.. how he walks around the house with his stuffed dog in his arms
.. how much he depends upon me
.. how he makes me smile
.. his cute mispronunciations

I'll miss that little boy when he grows up.

No comments: